Russian Flagship students are invited to sign up for a pilot tutorial...
Thank you for your interest in applying to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Russian Flagship Program!
Annual application deadlines are November 15 (for admission the following spring) and March 15 (for admission the following fall).
To start the online application, create a user account. After you have created the account, you will be able to start the online application, then save and return to it at any time. Make sure to click Save For Later at the bottom of the application before leaving that page.
To return to your application, follow the link for Application and log in.
To submit your application, click Submit My Application at the bottom of the screen. You will not be able to make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
Before you begin, note that you will need the following documents and information to complete the application:
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended; if you are currently a high school senior, please provide your high school transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. If you are a UW-Madison student, you can obtain an unofficial transcript through self-service in your Student Center. Electronic versions of transcripts can be uploaded in the online application form.
- SAT and ACT test scores
- Complete educational background
- Statement of purpose (500 words): Why are you interested in the UW-Madison Russian Flagship Program? How does the program fit with your educational and career goals? In answering these questions, describe experiences that you have had to date that prepare you for this intensive program.
- Self evaluation of Russian language proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation, due to the Russian Flagship Program by mail by the deadline. At least one letter should be from a foreign language teacher; if you have studied Russian before, at least one reference must be from one of your Russian instructors.
Letters of recommendation and other application materials should be sent by email to Laura Weigel, or mailed to:
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1332 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Online applications will be deleted within three weeks after each semester's application deadline. Hard copy materials submitted to the program, such as letters of recommendation, will be kept on file for one year.